In this week's episode, Jody and George debate what’s worse in a federal election campaign — two planes or two passports; discuss how Premier Horgan is being played by the Washington State governor; speculate on whether a lawsuit may be coming from former and now retired Sergeant-at-Arms Gary Lenz based on what he read in the RCMP report; and end theorizing the backroom shenanigans of local politics from Vancouver to Port Moody.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email [email protected]
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week's UnSpun brought much discussion on the Auditor General's resignation, Oppenheimer Park, and everything from Trump to BoJo.
- Speaking of US political figures, back in June, Jody Vance was aghast at Surrey Board of Trade inviting noted anti-vaxxer Robert Kennedy Jr.
- Feel like another UnSpun? Me too. Episode 16 was a barnburner, covering the then-upcoming 4/20 event in Vancouver - which as you may recall, was somewhat contentious.