Madness at the City of Vancouver with the largest tax increase in living memory; plastic bags, chandeliers and … ummmm … the NPA board; and a shout out to PoCo Mayor Brad West for getting s^*t done.
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/cQXv4L00qWs
Interesting in sponsoring? Email [email protected]
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Last week's UnSpun tackled shenanigans, intergovernmental affairs, and the middle class.
- Jordan Bateman and Rick Cluff talk apprentices, and who really trains more of them.
- Back in June, Rick Cluff sat down with Maclean Kay to talk about the legislative session that was about to wrap - and before yet another big newsmaking day.