In this week's episode Jody and George continue their focus on the hottest story worldwide that is literally gone viral — COVID-19. Of course what’s a week without chatting about protests and backroom negotiations, some more opaque than others; and finally rooms with no views; political rumours that hit close to home; and, what do these Bs have in common — Bernie, Biden, Beto and Buttigieg ?
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHrBc9qYVg4&feature=youtu.be
Interesting in sponsoring? Email [email protected]
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: www.curvecommunications.com
- Last week's UnSpun covered coronavirus, drilled into pipelines, and made the yikes emoji at a gaffe at Vancouver City Council.
- Why did the kid cross the road? To catch the bus to a school 45 minutes away. Jody Vance on what has sadly become normal for kids in Vancouver.
- #BCPOLI Hotstove covered another long night of protest/blockades at the legislature, and much more.