In this week's episode...whoah! George is on a tear about the Mayor of Vancouver’s non-content rich press conference and what the city COULD be doing for its residents. But that doesn’t stop Jody from jumping in and digging into what people expect of leaders. Meanwhile over in Victoria, all things COVID-19 are loosening up and we could not be happier. Time for a toast!
- Twitter: The Orca https://twitter.com/TheOrcaBC
- Jody Vance https://twitter.com/jodyvance
- George Affleck https://twitter.com/george_affleck
- UnSpun https://twitter.com/unspunpodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theorcabc/
- Listen to our podcast on your favourite podcast player. Search for “the orca media”
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2ODR5fz…
- On Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast…
On Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly90aGVvcmNhLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- This week’s YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs4gJOZ_ZaE&feature=youtu.be
Interesting in sponsoring? Email [email protected]
Jody Vance is a born and raised Vancouverite who’s spent 30 years in both local and national media. The first woman in the history of Canadian TV to host her own sports show in primetime, since 2011 she’s been working in both TV and radio covering news and current affairs.
George Affleck is a former Vancouver City Councillor, retiring in 2018 after seven years and two election wins. He has also owned his marketing agency, Curve Communications, since 2000 and works with a variety of clients in the private and non-profit sector. George is also a published author, a former CBC journalist and comedy writer, and an avid traveler, having lived in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Taiwan, and Israel.
Theme song: Piers Affleck
Produced at: Curve Communications
- Last week's UnSpun was all about posing tough questions about questionable but tough decisions.
- In a podcast mood? Great, me too. This week's BCPOLI Hotstove poured over the re-opening plan.
- Chase it with a classic UnSpun: In March 2019, George and Jody chomped into #snackgate. Remember snackgate?